Thursday, October 1, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Rebecca, over at A Rather Unusual Maiden for God, gave me this award. I enjoy following her courtship. She is a remarkable young lady! http://ratherunusualmaiden4god.blogspot.com/

I understand I need to now tell 10 honest things about myself.

1. Mrs. Sadie Platt is the one that led me to the LORD, just before my 5th birthday. She held GOOD NEWS CLUBS for children. One day, she talked about how CHILDREN are SINNERS. She clearly brought out that even a child sins against a Holy GOD. She talked about taking a cookie out of the cookie jar when you knew you were not supposed to do that...and how that was sin that put the perfect Son of GOD (Jesus) on the cross to pay for our sin. She then used a BIG Wordless Book to give the plan of Salvation. We then sang: " GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS CHRIST DIED FOR ME. GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS IF I BELIEVE. GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS I'M SAVED ETERNALLY... THAT'S WONDERFUL EXTRA GOOD NEWS." Afterwards, I told Mrs. Platt, that I needed JESUS to save me! I happen to have a couple books that belonged to Mrs. Platt.. from time to time I pull one out and look at her name written inside, and THANK the LORD that Mrs. Platt was willing to tell children the way of Salvation.

2. I grew up in a 'religious' family. Meaning, we were always in church at every service or function. Sadly, I have never heard my mother pray. My parents never talk about when they accepted Christ as their Saviour (or if they ever have?). Looking back at my youth, I can clearly see how GOD used different people in my life to keep me from straying from Him.

3. I met my husband in an accounting class at Bob Jones University. My girlfriend arrived at class first, and was to save me a seat near the front. She did, and on the other side was Doug, from Indiana, that I would marry in December of 1980.

4. While I was at Bob Jones University, I worked in the costume department. It fed my need to feel the fabric and run a sewing machine! LOL

5. When looking for a wedding dress, I tried on many dresses in different stores. But I eventually went back and bought the very first one I tried on. I still love it!

6. My original wedding band is a size 4.5. When I was pregnant with Todd (24 years ago) it became too small for me. It is not one that can be sized easily, so it has been saved. I have told Todd (ok...teasingly) that the right girl for him will be able to wear that band. LOL Hmmm so we shall see on that one!

7. I am an insulin dependent diabetic (pump user). Having children proved to be quite a challenge. Each of them are born on a different day of the week, but each year all of our birthdays fall on the same day of the week. This year, it is TUESDAY. Each child was born by emergency C-section. I wanted to 'see' my children born, but that doesn't happen with a C-section. However, when Bear was born, my doctor took great pity on me. He allowed the screen that is put up to separate the patient from the 'workplace' to be dropped, so that I could see them pull Bear out. It was a thrill! The nurses all said they had never known this doc to ever do that for anyone. I was quite happy! Especially since Bear has ended up being our last one!

8. I LOVE JUMPERS! With my inulin pump, I need to hide where I wear it, jumpers allow me to do this. Most people do not ever see my pump. (even though it is the most pretty PINK ever) LOL Aimée and I have about 150ish jumpers each. We rotate them around during the year by colors. We are now wearing our 'fall' colors. Here in Florida, you have to make your own seasons.

9. I love shoes. When my husband asked my father if he could marry me, my father told him he could have me if he could keep me in shoes! The last 15 years I have collected Birkenstocks. I have them in all colors and styles. My feet love them! My husband graciously keeps me stocked with them........

10. I Believe the BIBLE is the WORD of GOD! That settles it!

Robin

2 comments:

~Rebecca~ said...

Thank you Robin for your prayers for the last 6 months. The Lord is wonderful and my husband has found a good job. We would appreciate your continued prayers. This job is through a temp service with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Again thank you and God Bless, Rebecca's Mom Kathy :)

Kathy said...

Thank You Robin for your continued prayers. The Lord is so good! This job is amazing. My husband has alot of overtime which to be honest is unheard of up here in the northeast. :)
Only God can do such a wonderful thing. It is exciting to hear about the couple you mentioned. God Is So Good!
Thank you for your friendship.
God Bless, Kathy In My Mothers Garden :)